LPG produces one of the lowest emissions of any fuel, is readily available all over the world and has a diverse range of applications. It's for these reasons that it plays such an important role for New Zealand's energy, now and for decades to come.
Check out a few more reasons why LPG is such an exceptional energy.
- There are more than 1000 applications of LPG.
- LPG is the most widely used alternative automotive fuel in Europe.
- LPG has been used to fuel the Olympic flame due to its safety, environmental and practical characteristics.
- LPG was found to have higher efficiency than natural gas-fuelled distributed power generation which makes it ideal for rural homes and businesses.
- LPG is a naturally occurring by-product of natural gas extraction (60%) and crude oil refining (40%) – therefore we either use it or it is wasted.
- LPG produces less air pollutants then diesel, oil, wood or coal.
- LPG’S volume is 274 times smaller when in a liquid state.
- LPG was among the two most efficient energy options across a wide variety of technology configurations.
- LPG was consistently among the most efficient water heating options across the regions examined.
- Over half of the world’s population still relies on wood, crop waste, or even dried dung to provide the energy for cooking.
- LPG is distributed through a network of 17,500 filling stations to fuel more than 4 million vehicles in Europe.
- An LPG furnace can heat air up to 25 degrees warmer than one powered by other fossil fuels.
- In India, LPG emits 60% fewer GHGs than electric coil cook tops, 50% fewer emissions than some biomass stoves and 19% fewer Ghgs than kerosene stoves.
- LPG helps to reduce emissions of a typical house by 1.5 tonnes (around 25%) of CO2 per year.
- LPG can be up to five times more efficient than traditional fuels, resulting in less energy wastage and better use of our planet’s resources.
- LPG is extremely versatile and portable. It can be transported using sea, rail or road transport. LPG is available in a wide variety of packaging and storage options and is available in even the remotest of areas.
- LPG also helps to reduce Black Carbon (BC) emissions, which are the second biggest contributor of global warming and which can cause serious health problems.
For more information, you can visit www.exceptionalenergy.com.